Functional medicine addresses the underlying causes of disease, using a systems-based approach and engages both you and him in a healing partnership. Dr. Bantock listens to histories and looks at the interactions among genetic, environmental, and lifestyle factors that can influence long-term health and complex, chronic disease. This better addresses the healthcare needs of the 21st century.
Why Do We Need Functional Medicine?
- Our society's number of complex, chronic disease has increased significantly. They include autoimmune conditions, diabetes, inflammatory conditions, cancer, heart disease.
- Most of the current practice of healthcare focuses on acute care, the diagnosis and treatment of trauma and illness, such as acute infections or broken bones.
- These acute care practices do not allow the proper methodology for addressing many chronic complex diseases.
- Much of the research today does not become integrated into healthcare practices for many many years.
- Many doctors lack proper training in chronic disease to apply strategies such as nutrition, supplementation, and lifestyle help help and prevent many diseases.
How Is Functional Medicine Different?
- Patient Centered Care. Dr. Bantock spends a significant amount of time with his patients on the initial visit and subsequent visits in order for you to succeed and not be lost through the cracks.
- Science Based Healthcare approach. Dr. Batnock looks more upstream in the cause of your illness and considers a patients complex history, physiology, and lifestyle that has contributed to a person's current illness.
- Integration. Dr. Bantock integrates traditional western practices as well as alternative practices. He uses the latest laboratory testing and diagnostic techniques in order to prescribe targeted botanical medicines, supplementation, therapeutic diets, detoxification programs, and stress management techniques.
Are you ready for a doctor to listen to your story now?